marți, 9 septembrie 2008

David interview Translation

Thanks for the translation to Angel Wings on the UniversalPanik forum





"How do you spend your time before a performance? Are you really nervous?"

No I'm not nervous. I used to be nervous, but I've overcome the stage- fright and I occupy myself with other important stuff, for example food".


How long have you been playing the guitar?

I've played since….hmmmm? Don't really know. I don't know how long. It was a smooth transition, one day I just grabbed a guitar and started to play. But I never had much tuition, and that's why I'm not sure. I think about seven years.


For which band would you like to be a support act?

If we ever could be a support act, for the 'Toten Hosen', then I would be very happy.


How often are you on your MySpace and on the Panik forum?

I'm almost daily on my MySpace profile, and check for messages and so. I can't always answer them, but I give my best. And on the forum, unfortunately not that often, because I mostly just don't have the time for it.


Do you all live together in shared accomodation?

No, we don't live together in shared accomodation. But we have a house together in Hamburg, that we use for rehearsals and pre–production.


If you would write a book, about you or Panik, what would the title be?

That would probably have the title…..errrm…..' A book about me and Panik'.


Have you ever had a dream that became reality?

I definitely had a déjà vu experience, but not dreaming something and that then becoming reality.


What kind of music do you not like?

That's what you can hear here. I find that incredibly unattractive. I mainly don't like electronic music. Everything that's somehow natural I think is quite cool.


What do you think about having mainly female fans? Would you like to have more male fans?

I think it's pretty wonderful that we have so many female fans, because I really like female fans. But if we would have more male fans, then I would be just as happy.


Could imagine to advertise certain organisations such as PETA?

Yes definitely. We support PETA and Greenpeace, and if I could do anything for them, I would.


What's your favourite beer?

I don't drink beer, I don't drink alcohol.


How old were you when you wrote "Ce Pia Ali"?

19, I was 19 when I wrote "Ce Pia Ali".


Can you get the sheet music for "Ce Pia Ali" somewhere?

No you can't, but on the next album there will be something similar happening to this piece, so that it's definitely going to be used again. Just slightly, something similar at least.


Are you able to cook? If yes, what's your favourite dish?

I'm able to cook a little, but by far not as good as Frank. That's why I rather have him cooking something for me, I can do the standard stuff, but that's about it.


Who would you like to be in your next life?

Preferably something that involves music, because that's basically my life…..but maybe…..definitely something that involves music.


What do you always take with you?

My necklace.


In some other countries, pupils are not allowed to dress like an Emo, Rocker, Goth, etc. What do you think about that?

That's a pretty tough question, I only know about England with the school uniforms for example, and I don't really think it's wrong, but I don't think it's wrong either that everyone can wear what they want in Germany. But I think you should just accept one another no matter what they look like.


What's your view on violence? Would you be able to beat someone up?

Yeah sure, if someone would kidnap my child, and I could find out where he hides it, then I would beat him up, yes.


How long do you need to style yourself?

About eight seconds. "Let's see" Finished!


Do you believe in mystical things?

Yes, I do.


What does it feel like if fans from other countries come to see you at your concerts?

Wonderful. I think it's incredible that someone from Madrid is standing in front of the house to get an autograph, that's incredible. And I don't really know how to say thank you for that, that someone travels so far just to see one of our concerts.


Which word or sentence do you mainly use?

To be honest.


What are your favourite names?

One favourite name is, Andrea. And that's one of my favourite names, because you can use it for males and females. We have a waiter in our favourite restaurant and he's called Andrea.


What do you mainly do on the tourbus?

Sleep. Because I'm mainly on the tourbus after the show, to sleep. When we arrive I get up and get in, that means mainly to sleep.

Niciun comentariu: